DjangoCon 2014: Geo Beyond the Django
Have you gone through the comprehensive GeoDjango docs, but wondered where to go next? Are you curious about how you can combine the power GeoDjango with other community-built tools? Do you want to create pretty maps in Python? If so, you are in the right place. Learn about GeoDjango and Geographic Information Systems and navigate beyond the docs into the exciting GIS technology landscape.
This talk will introduce modules and technologies that can be used in conjunction with GeoDjango and hopefully encourage new and creative uses of mapping. It will demonstrate some real-word examples of how I've used GeoDjango to help me solve some curiosities that I had had about my home city of Chicago.
Topics will include:
- Common geospatial terminology
- Modules to render maps in Python
- Tools to interactively view and manipulate geospatial data
- Ways to style geospatial data
- Map tiling - Examples of these technologies in use.