Joe makes use of an assortment of web technologies on a daily basis, including but not limited to those listed below. At CNA Insurance, he had an opportunity to support a Unix and Oracle-based Management Information System, consisting of 9TB worth of production data and connecting dozens of data feeds from numerous other databases.
At Imaginary Landscape, he has developed, tested, deployed, and supported numerous Django-based sites in fields as diverse as healthcare, banking, social networking, music, government, cloud computing, and more.
- He leads the Technology Department at Imaginary Landscape. During that time, the team has:
- Standardized the company's tooling, default Django project environment and server environment.
- Has radically changed the company's development workflow by completely removing a reliance on SVN and adopting Git in its place.
- Has adopted Ansible for consistent and speedy server provisioning.
- Migrated almost every site from large shared physical servers, to individual, scalable cloud servers.
- For the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, he designed a social-media feed, aggregating content from Twitter, Instagram, and Twitpics into a single social wall.
- He executed a complete re-implementation of First American Bank's public-facing site, including integration with DjangoCMS.
- He engineered and implemented a standard maintenance procedure to ensure that sites utilize recent versions of Django, updated Python packages, and system packages.
- He crafted a detailed project estimation process for accurately and consistently estimating work and for dividing work into iterations.
- He constructed a code review document for consistently reviewing existing codebases to better assess inbound work and assist with client onboarding.